Level II Sample Schedule
Level Two Sample Schedule: 18 CMTE Credits
- 5:30-6:00 – Initial Skills Pre-Test (Mandatory, support materials provided to Level 2 candidates)
- 6:30-6:50 – Opening Keynote: Welcome
- 6:50-7:20 – Level II Logistics, Hand Drum Ensemble Review and Skills Testing as needed
- 7:20-7:50 – Level II Frame Drum ensemble Review and Skills Testing as needed
- 8:00-8:50 – Ensemble Leadership on Samba with Level I
- 8:50-9:00 – Evening Closing and Logistics with Level I
- 8:30-9:00 Introduction to Flow State and Applied Schema Theory
- 9:00-10:20 Prep and Integrate with Level I for Leading/Teaching Hand Drum techniques if prepared
- 10:30-11:20 Level 2 Frame Drum Percussion Techniques, Leadership Skills with Level 1 on Frame Drum
- Lunch from 12-1:10
- 1:10-1:30 Introduction to Applied Schema.
- 1:30-2:20 Discussion on Clinical Improvisation (Referential), Leadership Skills on Hand Drum Ensemble with Level 1
- 2:30-3:20 Frame Drum Ensemble, Integrate with Level I for Leadership Skill Demonstrations
- 3:30-4:20 Applied Schema continued, can either retain breakout for musicianship development or integrate with Level I
- 4:30-5:40 Intermediate musical and clinical improvisation.
- Dinner from 5:40-7:00
- 7:00-8:30 Clinical Improvisation: Observing through the “lens” of the IAP’s. (breakout and integrate)
- 8:30 Debrief and finish for evening.
- 8:30-10:10 – With Level 1: Focus on re-creative leadership skills, group cohesion
- 10:30-11:20 – With Level 1: Focus on re-creative leadership skills, group cohesion
- Lunch from 11:20-12:30
- 12:30-1:20 – Debriefing on leadership process, IAP’s: Review Level II MTD Skills, Finalize deficiency evaluations for any Level 2 candidates.
- 1:30 – 2:20 CBMT Evaluations, Integrate with Level 1 Closing
- Final Level 2 Debriefing
Note: This an example schedule. Actual courses may vary. Check with your MTD Trainers for details.