Upcoming MTD Level I in Los Angeles
We are pleased to announce the upcoming Music Therapy Drumming Level I Intensive in Los Angeles.
This course increases skills, knowledge, and capacity to effectively use percussion techniques and rhythm-based music in clinical music therapy.
MTD is a drumming-based curriculum that is specifically designed for music therapists, by music therapists. Our goal is to help every student move beyond a basic skill set and leverage the full potential of drumming within clinical music therapy. This is accomplished through expert instruction, a carefully designed curriculum, and aligning with music therapy traditions and values.
Listen to Jim Borling, Director of Music Therapy at Radford University, talk about his experience with the MTD course. http://musictherapydrumming.com/professor-jim-borling-on-the-mtd-level-one-intensive/
- History of the use of percussion in clinical applications, publications, and research.
- Clinical improvisation techniques within the context of percussion play.
- Drumming and percussion techniques within and outside of cultural contexts.
- Traditional rhythms and drumming music (drum & percussion patterns, songs, and some movement/dance).
- Ensemble play, drum accompaniment, and breakout group.
- Individual assessment and coaching for all students.
- Printed course guide and learning resources.
Dates: Nov. 4th – 6th. (Friday evening to Sunday afternoon)
Location: Holy Spirit Retreat Center, Encino, CA (Los Angeles)
Cost: Professionals: $275, Students: $175.Tweet