The MTD Level Two Intensive provides 21 Continuing Education credits in accordance with CBMT standards.
Learner Objectives from Level One continued in Level Two:
- Demonstrate techniques on percussion instruments - CBMT Scope of Practice II.A.5.w.4
- Demonstrate knowledge of cultural perspectives as related to traditional percussion play. - CBMT Scope of Practice II.A.5.v
- Demonstrate improvisation techniques that facilitate therapeutic processes - CBMT Scope of Practice II.A.5.h.
- Apply the musical elements of timbre, rhythm, dynamics, and tempo to percussion. – CBMT Scope of Practice II.A.5.a
- Demonstrate knowledge of the use of percussion as related to the four types of music experiences (composing, improvising, recreating, listening) - CBMT Scope of Practice I.A.13.
Learner Objectives specific to Level II:
- Demonstrate knowledge of rhythm and percussion skill assessment tools as they may relate to clinical practice. - CBMT Scope of Practice I.A.12.
- Demonstrate leadership skills in a variety of percussion-based experiences. - CBMT Scope of Practice II.A.5.u.
- Identify levels of client functioning through observation within percussion-based music experiences. – CBMT Scope of Practice I.A.3.
- Recognize potential safety issues within individual and group drumming experiences, and handle with care. CBMT Scope of Practice II.B.2
- Integrate one’s personal theoretical orientation into percussion based music experiences. CBMT Scope of Practice II.A.4.