The MTD Level One Intensive provides 18 CEU’s in accordance with CBMT standards.
Level One CBMT Learner Objectives:
- Demonstrate techniques on percussion instruments - CBMT Scope of Practice II.A.5.w.4
- Demonstrate knowledge of cultural perspectives as related to traditional percussion play. - CBMT Scope of Practice II.A.5.v
- Demonstrate improvisation techniques that facilitate therapeutic processes - CBMT Scope of Practice II.A.5.h.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the use of percussion as related to the four types of music experiences (composing, improvising, recreating, listening) - CBMT Scope of Practice I.A.13.
- Apply the musical elements of timbre, rhythm, dynamics, and tempo to percussion. – CBMT Scope of Practice II.A.5.a.
- Identify one theme (or trend) regarding the use of percussion as noted in the current body of music therapy research. - CBMT Scope of Practice IV.A.2.